This year the Taste of Downtown is happening on Thursday, July 21!
The Taste of the Downtown is the most widely anticipated event of the year and part of the Downtown Kamloops Merchant Market.
Visitors and shoppers love to “Sample their way around the City Centre Restaurants” filling their bellies with the delectable treats and eats from some awesome Downtown Kamloops restaurants. This year all of our restaurants went way over the top and dazzled visitors with their offerings.
Here are this years’ particulars
- We are selling passports with tokens – same as 2015. Passport will list participating restaurants.
- Each donation of $15 gets you 8 tokens. Additional tokens are $2.
- Proceed split: $1 per token to Live at Lunch/Downtown Kamloops Foodbank Fund. $1 to restaurant.
- Participating restaurants offer samples from their restaurant or on the “Sizzle Strip.”
Some other interesting bits of the day:
- Most coveted, called about and visited downtown event – since atleast 2007
- New format – token system ($1 every sample went back to restaurants… many restaurants donated that dollar per sample back, as well as both our winners)
- Taste of Downtown Sponsor – The Downtown Echo
- 21 restaurants participated this year
- $1500 raised for Live at Lunch Music Program
- $1500 raised for Downtown Kamloops Community Food Bank Fund
- Started the Downtown Kamloops Food Bank Fun in October 2012
- The Food Bank Fund after this deposit will have $8300 in it
- Made its first payout of $222.40 in Dec 2013
- 2 awards given out
- Golden Fork – given out to the restaurant with the most “favourite votes” overall
- Silver Spoon – given out to the restaurant with the highest rating per visits