The Kamloops Central Business Improvement Area is comprised of a Board of Directors, a General Manager, and a part-time Membership Services Coordinator. Our area encompasses the west side of Tenth Avenue, the north side of Columbia St., the east side of First Avenue and the Thompson River.
To promote business growth and economic development in a format that will make the central business area of Kamloops a better place to visit, live and work.
The KCBIA is working hard to foster relationships with property owners and tenants in the downtown core of Kamloops. The following is just a few of the projects we are working on for the Centre of the city this year:
· Proactive Marketing strategy to encourage the growth of the Downtown Business customer base.
· Business Development projects to entice and attract businesses to locate in our area.
· Events to promote and increase business – Spring Festival, Merchant Market, Christmas Cash Card, Lights in the Night.
· Development of the new Downtown Kamloops Guide & Directory – a full colour listing of all the Downtown Merchants and Service Providers.
· Ongoing beautification projects such as flowers, banners and signs, some in partnership with the City of Kamloops.
We are always looking for members to help us attain our goals for the Centre of the City!
There are a number of committees set up by the KCBIA that would welcome your help. If you would like a voice in the direction the downtown core is taking, join one of the following groups:
* Marketing & Communication
* Safety & Social Issues
* Business Development